At your workstation for hours at a time? Remember -
SIT FOR 60/MOVE FOR 3
Many of us sit at work, sometimes for eight hours or more a day.
So let's get moving!
For every 60 minutes you sit (in meetings, at your computer, at home, etc.), get moving for at least 3 minutes.
What can you do in 3 minutes? A lot!
- Go to the printer/copier/fax more often during the workday
- Do stretching exercises at your desk. Try these:
- Go talk in person with a colleague instead of sending email or calling on the phone
- Use the stairs instead of the elevator or take the longer route to the restroom or lunchroom
- Move often during meetings
- Walk/jog in place or even roll in place
Remember to move every 60 minutes:
- Set the alarm at www.onlineclock.net to go off in 60 minutes
- Use the alarm or timer on your watch or mobile phone
We're here to help! MHealthy Wellness Coordinators are holding surprise "Flash Mobs" in departments around the university - see how easy it is to get moving for 3 minutes! To schedule one in your area, email email@example.com