Flu Information for Employees
Please refer to these resources for other valuable information about flu shots and vaccination:
Reminder: You must have your blue hospital registration card to receive a flu vaccination.
- Where can I get vaccinated?
- UMHS Flu Hub
- Online Declination Form
- Powerpoint Presentation for Education and Discussion (Download Powerpoint)
- Powerpoint Presentation for Education and Discussion (PDF slideshow)
- GO BLUE...FIGHT THE FLU! (pdf)
- General Flu Shot Flier (pdf)
- Overview: the 2013 Flu Vaccination Program (pdf)
- Questions & Answers about the 2013-2014 Flu Vaccination Program
- CDC general seasonal flu information
- Three steps to fight the flu
- Three Things You Can Do to Fight the Flu
- Talking Points about the flu
- Read the official Infection Control policy here
Influenza (also known as the flu) is a contagious respiratory illness caused by flu viruses. It can cause mild to severe illness, and at times can lead to death. The flu is different from a cold. The flu usually comes on suddenly. People who have the flu often feel some or all of these symptoms:
- Fever* or feeling feverish/chills
- Sore throat
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Muscle or body aches
- Fatigue (tiredness)
- Some people may have vomiting and diarrhea, though this is more common in children than adults.
* It's important to note that not everyone with flu will have a fever.
(from CDC website) www.cdc.gov/flu/about/disease/symptoms.htm