ARTICLE I NAME
The name of the organization is the Big Ten Retirees Association.
ARTICLE II PURPOSE
The purpose of this Association is o enhance individual member's retirees associations through a process that includes:
A. A yearly conference that is rotated among the member institutions;
B. Sharing newsletters; and
C. Exchanging information that includes but not limited to:
1. Universities rosters, directories, etc.
2. Members benefits
3. Universities profiles
ARTICLE III MEMBERS
Membership is open to retiree associations of Big Ten Universities. Each member will have two voting representatives who are members in good standing in their association. Each representative will have voting privileges. Other representatives may attend conferences and business meetings.
ARTICLE IV GOVERNANCE
Section 1 Executive Board
The Executive Board is composed of the "Chair", "Chair-Elect", and the " Immediate-Past-Chair". The "Chair" is the host university for the current year's conference; the "Chair-Elect" is next years host university, and; "the Immediate-Past-Chair" is last year's host university. The duties of the Board are:
1. To serve as an advisory body to the "Chair" in planning the annual conference.
2. To keep records of the annual conference and submit an annual report.
3. To review the By-laws of the Association and edit or add By-laws as needed.
4. Develop the agenda for the annual business meeting to be held at the annual conference.
Section 2 Actions of the Board
1. Propose changes or additions of By-laws to the membership.
2. Any action of the Board that is challenged in writing by the representatives of the member institutions must either be rescinded by the Board or submitted to the members for a vote.
3. The three Board members must have consensus on all issues.
Section 3 Chair
The "Chair" presides over all meetings. The "Chair" is the designated representative of the host institution. The host institution is the member institution that is in charge of the annual conference.
Section 4 Terms of Office
Each position is one (1) year and is rotated to the next university according to a rotation schedule agreed upon by the Association members.
ARTICLE V MEETINGS
There shall be an annual conference to be planned and hosted by the host institution. There shall be an annual business meeting to be held in conjunction with the annual conference. The members present constitute a quorum.