Alcohol Management Program
The Alcohol Management Program is a brief, confidential health education program that helps you cut back on your drinking or quit altogether. You decide which approach is right for you.
Who is the Alcohol Management Program for?
The Alcohol Management Program (AMP) is for people who could improve their health by drinking less alcohol or none at all. The AMP is for those with mild to moderate alcohol problems who want to eliminate the negative consequences of their drinking. The AMP is not for those who are severely dependent or alcoholic and require treatment services.
Alcohol affects your health in many different ways, especially when used in excess. Because it is easy to drink too much, sometimes unhealthy habits can develop. Did you know that if you cut down or stop drinking you can:
- Feel better about yourself
- Improve your sleep
- Have more energy
- Increase confidence and self-control
- Reduce empty calories
- Avoid impaired driving
- Improve your overall health
If you have been wondering:
- Whether you drink too much?
- If your life would be better if you drank less?
- Whether alcohol is harming you or putting you at risk?
- How your drinking may affect your health?
- How much is too much?
The AMP might be right for you. Visit our self-evaluation to take a better look at alcohol and your health.
Why Select The Alcohol Management Program?
- It is private. Sessions are one-on-one. We are not part of an online medical record system. We are bound by law to protect your privacy.
- It is effective. AMP has demonstrated its ability to help people cut down or stop drinking altogether, reducing consumption by approximately 65%.
- It is brief. Both the in-person and phone programs include:
- a 1.5 hour assessment,
- three to five 1-hour private sessions
- Three- and nine-month follow-ups.
- It is professional. The AMP team is comprised of master's prepared health educators who have extensive training and experience in alcohol education.
- It is flexible. You select your goal to either cut down or stop drinking altogether.
Consider the cost and unpleasant side effects associated with your drinking, and ask yourself whether the AMP is a smart investment for you.
Want to Learn More?Visit our Self-Evaluation to take a better look at alcohol and your health.
Call us if you have questions or if you would like our free confidential phone screening at 734-998-2017.