HR Strategy & Planning
Executives in HR Strategy and Planning provide vision, leadership and direction for the units in University Human Resources (UHR). Laurita Thomas serves as Associate Vice President for Human Resources.
The HR Strategy Team focus:
- Relevant contemporary HR strategies that address U-M global and unit local challenges.
- Implemented through excellence in project management, change management and communication.
- Effectiveness of outcomes determined using effective and accurate HR metrics.
It is our intent to deliver increased value to the University of Michigan by:
- Linking human resource strategy and tactical planning to the University of Michigan teaching, research and service mission;
- Identifying, communicating and enacting initiatives that respond to global and specific institutional challenges, and that incorporate HR best practices;
- Developing a multi-year plan to address challenges, and accomplish annual tactical plans that contribute to university success;
- Reporting the outcomes through the design and delivery of an annual report;
- Developing and implementing budgeting and resource allocation that are guided by institutional need for human resource programs, policy and services;
- Designing and delivering accurate and effective HR metrics, strategic decision data and easily accessible human capital management reports;
- Designing and delivering effective communications that add value to the university community
- Employing the discipline of project management and change management in implementing our accountabilities.
Our deliverables to university executive leadership, management and the faculty and staff include:
- Human Resource Strategic Plan
- Human Capital Report
- Special Projects & Awards
- HR Communications
- HR Metrics
- HR Strategic Decision Data
- Budget and Resource Allocation
- Project Management
- Change Management
- Staff Recognition Programs
- U-M Stewardship Statement
For questions pertaining to University Human Resouces or HR Strategy and Planning, please email us at UniversityHR@umich.edu.