Research has clearly shown that breast-fed babies are healthier than those who are bottle-fed. Research also shows a correlation between breast-feeding and higher IQ’s. Employers are recognizing that moms and dads will likely need fewer sick days to care for infants who are breast-fed. Yet it is often difficult to return to work and continue breastfeeding. There are many things that U-M can do to support new moms in their commitment to breastfeeding.
A highlight among the following resources is a list of existing lactation rooms across campus. For additional support in locating lactation space, contact the Work/Life Resource Center (email@example.com or 734-936-8677).
- Lactation Rooms (locations across campus)
- Lactation Room Setup Guide
- Lactation Sign
- Supporting Breastfeeding
- Working and Breastfeeding
- Lactation Consultants
- Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
- Personal/Lactation Room AEC Design Guidelines
- Breastfeeding/pumping equipment rental and purchase information
- Additional Resources
We wish you and your baby all the best!